The list of how you can help the environment is endless. From using a solar-powered alarm clock to planting more greenery around your neighborhood, there are so many ways to produce organic results without sacrificing too much time or money. In fact, many homeowners want to make their humble abode more “green,” but agree that the process can be too expensive and/or time-consuming. However, there are many quick and easy ways to have a more eco-friendly home without cutting corners or scheduling a pricey project. To help you get started, here is Warner Service’s comprehensive list of the best eco-friendly products for your home:
- CFL Energy-Saving Lightbulbs: Those twisty bulbs in the hardware store don’t just look cooler. They’re better for the environment because they use less energy while providing the same amount of brightness as other lightbulbs.
- Nellie’s Eco-Friendly Dryer Balls: These reusable, PVC-free dryer balls replace dryer sheets, which often find themselves in water reserves with other trash. Your clothes will come out static- and wrinkle-free without the use of chemical softeners. It’s a win-win.
- Compost Piles: The idea of throwing old fruits and vegetables into a bucket on your kitchen counter sounds unappealing, but it’s actually a wonderful way to turn your leftovers into nutrient-rich fertilizer. Click here to see how compost piles work in favor of the environment.
- Drying Rack: If you don’t want to purchase those nifty dryer balls, you can still go green with your laundry. Instead of using electricity from your dryer, use an eco-friendly drying rack from your local Walmart. It might take a little longer for your clothes to completely dry, but it’s worth a few extra minutes to help save the environment, right?
- Toilet Dams: This will be the best $6 you ever spent. Toilets can be one of the biggest water wasters in your home, and this handy device can save thousands of gallons of water per year. Talk about an eco-friendly buy.
- Water-powered Clock: Remember how we mentioned that solar-powered alarm clock earlier? Well, that exists, and so does a water-powered clock. (Side note: Science rules.) This tiny clock manages to look trendy with its various color options while saving the environment – one second at a time.
- Hand-powered shredder: This doesn’t have anything to do with plumbing, heating or air conditioning, but this product is too cool to pass up. Now shredding your important documents doesn’t have to rack up your electric bill or leave a carbon footprint. This compact device has two endcaps that twist in opposite directions to activate a hand-powered shredder. Magic.
- Seven-year pen: We’re going from eco-chic to eco-geek. Hundreds of millions of pens are discarded every year, but this pen promises to outlast even the most expensive writing utensils. The tip of the pen is made of high quality materials that will save you money on buying that 15-pack of inadequate ballpoints. Bonus: It also reduces the waste in landfills.
- Ice Bear system: We bet you’ve never heard of ice energy, but we’re happy to explain that it’s the most awesome form of renewable energy ever. The Ice Bear delivers 6 hours of clean, non-fatiguing stored energy daily. It’s a liquid technology that doesn’t emit chemicals, doesn’t mess with grid architecture and doesn’t come with the overage costs of normal electric energy. To learn more, visit their website.
- BioLogic FreeCharge: This Dahon product uses a generator hub, a high-capacity battery and a USB dock to charge iPhones, GPS units and other USB gadgets with each pedal of your bicycle. It’s the stuff of movies, people! This is the future!
Armed with this list of the top 10 eco-friendly for your home and the thousands of other green inventions in the world, being eco-conscious is now easier than ever. Remember: A few small organic changes around your home can make a big change in the world.
If you need to schedule an appointment or have any questions, contact Warner Service today.